Sunday, September 26, 2010

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

   A verse that is well known by believers as well as nonbelievers, but is often overlooked. To a nonbeliever this is a hard concept to grasp, to a believer it is common knowledge. But to a person like me, it is much more. You see, I, before becoming a Christian, have always had a deep appreciation for the beauty of the earth. And in the back of my mind I have always known that  the miraculous beauty of the earth was no accident of some explosion of matter in space. It was a creation, a work of art. But who was the artist?
   My faith has given me the answer."The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands." Psalm 19:1. Suddenly, everything fit together. My passion for animals and plants, seas and skies became more meaningful. I now saw that the God who shows me endless love and mercy also took the time to create rollie pollies and whales.
   but I think the keyword in this verse in Psalms is glory.  "The heavens declare the glory of God" This verse is just proof that God's creation screams of HIs majesty and power. There is no one ion this earth that can deny that a sunset is anything less than captivating. Everyone, whether they know it or not is touched by God's beauty. The very fact that we are breathing gives Him glory. I could go on forever..
   Therefore, I am convinced that the beauty of the earth is only a mere representation of the beauty of God himself. I am captivated by that beauty and therefore captivated by Him. 
I am new to this whole blogging thing. But if you choose to follow my blogs, you have to first understand the foundation from which I am coming from. I hope I have explained it well here.

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory." 
Isaiah 6:3


No comments:

Post a Comment